Exergameing: the activity of playing video games that involve physical exertion and are thought of as a form of exercise
Just Dance 2018
Just Dance is a game that has been around for years. I personally remember hanging out with my friends and literally playing for hours, going through all the songs over and over again. 2018 is one of the newest games out for Just Dance(obviously) and it has really created a buzz. A lot of users were used to playing the game with the XBOX Kinect, but as of recently, they have been discontinued. Ubisoft, the creator if the game had to come up with something new, and so far its has been working. Although I did not get to actually play this game because I do not own a game system compatible, or the game itself but I did do a ton of research. I am going to break the game down for you below so be sure to check it out!
- Colorful, attractive graphics
- General songs that many people know
- Lyrics and Dance moves are displayed in the corner
- Kids mode, which makes it more simpler and there is also no winning or losing
- Routines are well rounded, ranging from easy to challenging
- Interface is easy to navigate
- great way to get moving
- Shows calories that were burned in each dance
- Many platforms to play on
- A lot of different modes to play on
- Controller app on your smartphone
- There is a mode called Unlimited where when you buy the game you get a free 3 month subscription to songs from past games, the drawback being that you have to pay after the 3 months is up
- Kinect is being discontinued, so there is no for sure way yet to know of the game is going to go back to having to use controllers
To me these graphics are great, they are fun and colorful. They are attractive to the eyes of adults and also younger children playing the game. Just Dance 2018 can be played on many systems such as, PS4, PS3, Nintendo Switch, Wii. Wii U, X-Box One and X-Box 360
The next game I am going to be reviewing for you all is called Dance Central 3
Dance Central 3
This is a game I was not familiar with prior to my review, but after doing a ton of research I have learned a lot about it, it has similarities to Just Dance, obviously both being dance games,but it also has a lot of differences. Down below I am going to break down my personal Pros and Cons for you guys to give you a little idea about the game.
- Diverse Playlist, songs from every decade are available for you to dance to
- Story Mode, where you are a CIA Agent trying to save the world by racking up power moves, this to me gives you a purpose.
- Multiplayer where you can dance battle your friends
- Choreograph your own routines
- Rehearsal Mode if you are new and want to get a look and how things are going to go in the game
- Easy to track calories
- No Live, which means you cannot play other people from around the world (to me this would be very weird to have someone watch my dance moves, but hey the people want it)
- I personally was not attracted to the graphics, it looked a little dated to me, kind of reminded me of Grand Theft Auto Graphics
- Only can use on Kinect, which means this game is only available for the X-Box 360
Personally I am more of a fan of the Just Dance games, they are more appealing to me and I may be biased but I would much rather dance freely than, trying to save the world through dancing…like in Dance central.